Adventures in Guinea as a Peace Corps Volunteer

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Mummer's Parade Does Exist....So Does Friday the 13th


Just a quick message to educate the masses on a very underrated parade called Mummer's Day. Serenity spent hours, days and months touting the Mummer's Day parade that is held in Philly on January 1st of every year. This picture confirms that this event did actually occur and is really one of the best parades in the country!!!

After that very short rant, back to the future. I start training for the Peace Corps tomorrow and begin my travel to Guinea on Friday the 13th. Good thing I finally got over being superstitious. Although, it did cross my mind that maybe I should decline my invitation to Guinea once I received my plane ticket. Anyway, a big thanks to all of you who have helped me prepare for my adventures abroad.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big day tomorrow. Happy Friday the 13th. This will be one you won't forget.

12:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home